Chef Mirko's culinary excellence continues to win the admiration of guests and critics alike. Featuring a menu of authentic Italian cuisine, Chef Mirko is proud to offer his tricks to the trade with his step by step family recipes for Spaghetti Alla Chitarra and Grilled Mediterranean Octopus with Lentils.
Spaghetti Alla Chitarra
- Spaghetti alla chitarra (3 ounces)
- 1 Shallot
- 4 Langoustine
- Olive oil
- 3 roasted tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of langoustine stock
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- In the meantime, clean the langoustine by taking the inside meat out.
- Chop the shallots fine.
- Medium heat the pan with shallots, olive oil, langoustine meat and roasted tomatoes.
- Add brandy to create a light flame.
- Add langoustine stock and finish to cook the pasta in the pan with this sauce.
- 1 small size octopus
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stem
- 1 small white onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of white wine
- Olive oil
- 1 table spoon of tomato paste
- Veggie stock
- Cook the octopus until it’s tender in water with celery, the carrot and the onion.
- In a separate pot, cook the lentils with celery, the other half of the carrot, onion, bay leaves, tomato paste and cover it with veggie stock.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Once the octopus is cooked, cut it in pieces and grill it.
- Serve it on a bed of lentils and finish by adding some virgin olive oil.