Show All | Hide All
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information you provide to us, for example by filling in forms on our Website, and information we collect as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, cookies and web beacons.
Information collected on our Website may be used to:
- Register you as a Website member
- Fulfill your request to plan and purchase hotel accommodations or other travel services
- Respond to your request for information about reservations, accommodations, weddings, meetings or events
- Reserve dining or lounge services
- Enter you in our promotions or sweepstakes
- Send marketing communications or surveys to you, including marketing communications from our property owners and third-party partners regarding residential sales opportunities.
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to the Website
We may collect and use the following types of information that you provide to us:
- Information you provide at the time you request information, register to use our Website, subscribe to receive information by mail, e-mail or text message about our properties and services, post material, make a reservation or request further services, such as a concierge request.
- Information you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your reservation requests. You may be required to provide financial information before making a reservation through our Website.
In deciding whether or not to join our mailing or online marketing lists, please note that they are used for hotel purposes and for promotions by hotel partners, including without limitation our affiliates, properties, and property owners. We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information for marketing or promotional purposes with any other party nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. You may request to be removed from our lists at any time. All e-mails distributed to our lists will contain online access to unsubscribe.
If you decide to make an online reservation on our Website, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third-party booking engine (the "Booking Engine") provided by a third-party Booking Engine vendor as we may designate. While it appears to be part of our Website, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by a third party’s privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine vendor carefully. The Booking Engine vendor participates in the VeriSign Secure Website Program, a top security certification program, and has a VeriSign Secure Server ID. All information sent to the Website through the Booking Engine during a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) session is encrypted to protect against disclosure to third parties.
You may elect to use our referral service to e-mail a friend about our Website by submitting your friend's name and e-mail address and a brief message. We will automatically send your friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the Website. We will use and store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail.
As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We also monitor and collect information about traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other web sites or to third-party web sites linked to the Website, and visitors’ use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Website. This is statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and is not intended to identify any individual.
We are interested in improving our Website and may develop and offer new features and services. We monitor aggregated data regarding use of our Website for marketing purposes and to study, improve and promote use of the Website in connection with such purposes. We may share aggregated data with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. Disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal personal information about individual Website users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
We also may share web site usage information about visitors to our Website with third parties, such as advertisers on our Website, for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Website and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Website. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on our Website during earlier browsing sessions. If you would like more information about the information collection practices of third-party advertising companies and your choices about not having the information described above used by these companies or opting out of online preference marketing, please visit this site
To enable features on our Website, we may assign one or more "cookies" to your Internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation through our Website, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Website, and may provide you with customized content. A cookie is an Internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer's hard drive for storage. This text lets the web server know if you have previously visited our website. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user.
We would like Website visitors to feel confident about planning and purchasing accommodations online, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We've implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. Our Website is hosted in a secure environment. The Website servers and systems are configured with data encryption or scrambling technologies and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to help ensure safe transmission. We use these reasonable efforts to secure the information you provide. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, we can't be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries, affiliates, properties and property owners;
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business; and
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Viceroy Hotel Group's assets, in which case personal information held by Viceroy Hotel Group about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
In addition, we may disclose information:
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is required to protect the property, assets or security of the Website or anything found on the Website, or to protect the Website from unauthorized use, or misuse;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Viceroy Hotel Group, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- When required by law, court order or other legal obligation; however, only to the extent necessary and in a manner that seeks to maintain the privacy of the individual; and
We may provide links to a number of other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those websites may not follow the same privacy policies as our Website. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any website owners whose websites may be reached through this Website, nor can we control the activities of those websites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these websites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Viceroy Hotel Group. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by Viceroy Hotel Group, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we or one of our subsidiaries, affiliates, properties or property owners have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may use the “unsubscribe” link or send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Viceroy Hotel Group as a result of a hotel stay, service experience or other transactions.
Viceroy Hotel Group
1212 South Flower Street
Los Angeles California 90015
T +1 323 930 3700
F +1 323 930 3701